Is it too late for a New Year resolution?? Probably not. Then here it goes. I'll learn Ruby in 2008. These are the reasons:
- I'm getting a bit tired of Java and Ruby seems to be the next logical move
- Now that JRuby is out, chances are that the Ruby will really make to corporate environments
- It has a strong community
- ThoughtWorks is supporting it wholeheartedly, BTW welcome to the team Ola Bini!
- Ruby is very flexible allowing some very fancy things, still lacks a bit of control thou
- Finally and most important, Ruby is Agile